When ORION Sports Timing held the inaugural Hotlanta Half-Marathon in 2014 they hand-selected local, Metro-Atlanta charities as beneficiaries of the event. Each organization was invited to host a hydration station at one of the marathon’s mile markers. ORION provides everything needed for each station and in return, each charity provides volunteers at their hosted station. In addition, and this is huge, ORION shares proceeds from the race with each charity so, not only is this now one of Atlanta’s hottest half-marathons (pun indented), but they are making a personal investment in the work of ten local charities ( see the list here). As if that’s not enough, the public exposure each charity receives through their association with this event just can’t be bought.
The Agapao Movement was fortunate enough to be part of this event from the start and it’s once of our biggest events of the year. We look forward to being a part of such a well planned and respected local event each year and we always have a great time coming together to encourage the runners as they come through our stations.
I’ve known the Founder of ORION, Kirk Childs, and his family and staff for many years and I can personally attest to their integrity and the exceptional service they offer. Their encouragement and contribution to our work to fight human trafficking in India cannot be measured and they are true examples of #Loveinaction and #Bethechange.
We need volunteers who will help us man three hydration stations during this event. Please sign up below if you are interested in helping.
Every volunteer will receive an official 2017 Agapao t-shirt for helping at the event.
This event is a great opportunity for The Agapao Movement to make and investment in one of our greatest supporters, ORION Race Timing. In addition, the return on our sweat equity is immeasurable!
A little about this event...
- In 2016 there were more than 1,600 race participants (not including staff, volunteers, and supporters)
- The race begins and ends at the World of Coca-Cola – 121 Baker St NW, Atlanta GA
- The organizers hand-select local charities to provide volunteers and they share the race proceeds with these groups (how cool is that?!)
- The event supports TEN local Metro-Atlanta charities – see the list here.
How we fit in...
- Agapao provides volunteers to man three hydration stations along the race course. One station is inside Piedmont Park and the other two are on the perimeter of the park. Specific instructions and directions will be provided to volunteers.
- This allows us the chance to help a good cause and promote our work against human trafficking to 2000+ people
- It’s a great opportunity for us to show #loveinaction and #Bethechange by giving back to one of our greatest supporters
- The race’s financial contribution helps continue our efforts to help kids in crisis